Perimenopausal and postmenopausal women are experiencing so many physical and emotional changes, it's no wonder that sometimes issues can develop in a woman's sex life as well. At Moscow Pullman OB/GYN, we know that declining estrogen levels may cause some of our patients to develop physical problems like vaginal dryness and/or pain during intercourse. However, some women also notice a change in their sexual desire.
Many diverse and complex issues can affect a woman's sexual function and desire. At Moscow Pullman OB/GYN, our trained staff recognizes that sometimes these issues arise out of the patient's self-attitude, sometimes out of hormonal changes and aging, and often a complicated mixture of both. Our staff is trained to deal with issues surrounding sexual function and desire, including:
- The normal and gradual decline in sexual interest that comes with age.
- The fact that a woman's self-image is a crucial factor in feeling good about her sexuality.
- Illnesses or medical procedures that could affect a woman's sex life.
- Urinary incontinence.
- A diminished sexual interest in women who experience night sweats.
- A diminished sexual desire in women who are depressed, anxious or stressed.
- The fact that many drugs used for medical conditions, such as high blood pressure and depression, can have a negative effect on sexual interest.
- Vaginal dryness, which can make sexual intercourse painful.
If you are experiencing issues of sexual function and/or sex drive, talk to your doctor at Moscow Pullman OB/GYN to select the treatment option and plan that is right for you.